Last week FFS went 19-4 moving to 70-15 the year.
- Boston College: BC ran for 452 yards against USC. 452 yards. USC allowed 280 rushing yards combined in their first 2 games. Plus, BC QB Tyler Murphy (who flopped at Florida) had a career rushing day.
- South Carolina: I think we finally got a glimpse of what we thought South Carolina would look like this year. Sure there was a delay and it was close, but they held Gurley in check (compared to the Clemson game).
- Oklahoma: OU crushed Tennessee, who had dominated 2 teams projected to battle for their conference titles. OU may have crushed some of the hopes of the young Vols.
- Virginia Tech: The Hokies fell victim to the hype. After beating then #8 Ohio State, the Hokies fell flat against an average East Carolina team.
- USC: 452 rushing yards to a middle/bottom ACC team? Got some work to do on the bye week.
- Louisville: The Cards were showing life in the post-Charlie and Teddy era. But losing your inaugural conference road game to Virginia (who has won a combined 6 games in the last 2 years) isn’t good.
- Florida: Gators about gave me a heart attack Saturday night. The normally stout defense looked lost against Kentucky, who Florida has defeated 28 straight times.
All Times are Central
- #5 Auburn at #20 Kansas State (7 pm ESPN): Tigers
- Eastern Michigan at #11 Michigan State (11 am Big Ten Network): Spartans
- Troy at #13 Georgia (11 am SEC Network): Bulldogs
- Bowling Green at #19 Wisconsin (11 am ESPN2): Badgers
- GAME OF THE WEEK/UPSET ALERT: Florida at #3 Alabama (2:30 pm CBS): Gators. Florida D ends up being difference in one of the SEC’s great rivlaries
- #6 Texas A&M at SMU (2:30 pm ABC/ESPN2): Aggies
- Virginia at #21 BYU (2:30 pm ESPN): Cougars
- Indiana at #18 Missouri (3 pm SEC Network): Tigers
- UPSET ALERT: Mississippi State at #8 LSU (6 pm ESPN): Bulldogs
- #4 Oklahoma at West Virginia (6:30 pm FOX): Sooners in a game that could come down to the last possession
- #14 South Carolina at Vanderbilt (6:30 pm SEC Network): Gamecocks
- UPSET ALERT: : #22 Clemson at #1 Florida State (7 pm ABC): Tigers win with Winston out
- Miami at #24 Nebraska (7 pm ESPN2): Canes
- #2 Oregon at Washington State (9:30 pm ESPN): Ducks
- Northern Illinois at Arkansas (6 pm ESPNU): Hogs
- Northwestern State vs Louisiana Tech (6 pm): Bulldogs