FFS went 9-10 (first losing record week ever) to move to 192-66 on the year.
*Some breaking news: Will Muschamp is stepping down from the Florida job. He went 27-20 in 4 years (not including remaining games this year), and was 17-15 in SEC play. He will coach the final games of the season. Early rumors for the new coach include Colorado State HC Jim McElwain, Mississippi State HC Dan Mullen, 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh, and even some saying Baylor coach Art Briles. Gators’ main focus will be on offense and someone with head coaching experience.
- Arkansas: Give it up for the Hogs, who finally snapped their 17 game, 760+ day SEC losing streak. Plus they did it in a shutout of main rival LSU.
- Wisconsin: Blowing out Nebraska at home is big. Having your running back break the NCAA single game rushing record in 3 quarters is insane.
- Tennessee: Kentucky isn’t a pushover. They beat South Carolina and hung with Mississippi State. But the 5-5 Vols (who could be 7-3 or 8-2) blew out the Wildcats in an impressive performance.
- Florida: Gators stormed back to take lead, then blew it as South Carolina recovered it’s own fumble to tie, before SC’s QB ran in the winning OT touchdown. This was the final blow for Muschamp.
- Miami: How do you blow a 16 point lead? By playing football like a scared little kid. Miami could have crushed Florida State, but played into Seminoles plan by going safe and soft.
- Mississippi State: The Dawgs just seemed out of it in Tuscaloosa. I would blame part of it on the fact they didn’t leave Starkville until Saturday Morning (Quoth Dan Mullen, “Nevermore”)
- TCU: If we’re being real, Kansas has stunk since that shocking Orange Bowl appearance in 2007. But the fact that in front of 10,000 fans and in 20 degree weather #4 TCU struggled isn’t a good sign.
Top 25 (from AP Poll)
- #12 Kansas State at West Virginia (6 pm Fox Sports 1): Wildcats
- UNC at #25 Duke (6:30 pm ESPN): Blue Devils
- Indiana at #7 Ohio State (11 am TBD): Buckeyes
- Rutgers at #10 Michigan State (11 am Big Ten Network): Spartans
- Charleston Southern at #9 Georgia (11 am SEC Network): Bulldogs
- Minnesota at #21 Nebraska (11 am ESPN): Huskers
- Kansas at #23 Oklahoma (11 am Fox Sports 1): Sooners
- #18 Marshall at UAB (11 am American Sports Net): Herd
- Washington State at #13 Arizona State (12 pm Pac-12 Network): Sun Devils
- New Mexico at #22 Colorado State (1:30 pm Root Sports): Rams
- Boston College at #1 Florida State (2:30 pm ABC/ESPN2): Seminoles
- GAME OF THE WEEK/UPSET ALERT: #8 Ole Miss at Arkansas (2:30 pm CBS): Hogs
- #15 Arizona at #20 Utah (2:30 pm ESPN): Wildcats
- #14 Wisconsin at Iowa (2:30 pm ABC/ESPN2): Badgers
- Western Carolina at #2 Alabama (3 pm SEC Network): Tide
- Colorado at #3 Oregon (3:30 pm Pac-12 Network): Ducks
- Samford at #16 Auburn (6 pm ESPNU): Tigers
- #19 Missouri at Tennessee (6 pm ESPN): Vols
- Vanderbilt at #1 Mississippi State (6:30 pm SEC Network): Cowbell
- Oklahoma State at #6 Baylor (6:30 pm FOX): Bears
- GAME TO WATCH: #24 USC at #11 UCLA (7 pm ABC): Bruins
- Eastern Kentucky at Florida (11 am SEC Network): Gators
- South Alabama at South Carolina (11 am ESPN3): Gamecocks
- La Tech at Old Dominion (12 pm Fox College Sports): Bulldogs
- ULM at New Mexico State (3 pm ESPN3): Warhawks